Somalia’s National Intelligence and Security Agency (NISA) has released footage showing an operation in which two senior Al-Shabaab commanders were killed in the War-ise area of Middle Shabelle on August 13.
According to NISA, the operation targeted Ahmed Ali Jimale, who was identified as Al-Shabaab’s commander for Jowhar district, and Geedi Mohamed Nur Adde, who was responsible for several areas in the region. A total of nine Al-Shabaab fighters were reportedly killed in the operation.
NISA said Ahmed Ali Jimale had been under surveillance since September 2025 following complaints from residents in areas falling under Jowhar, Mahaday and Raage Ceelle districts.
The agency said the operation “began shortly after 4 a.m., with a first strike targeting the militants. A second strike followed several minutes later, killing Geedi Mohamed Nur Adde and other fighters accompanying the commanders” .
NISA described the operation as part of ongoing intelligence-led efforts to dismantle Al-Shabaab’s command structure and disrupt its activities in Middle Shabelle.
The release of the footage comes as Somali security agencies continue operations against Al-Shabaab and other armed groups across the country.
Mustaqbal
The Islamic Military Counter-Terrorism Coalition (IMCTC) has opened a major counter-terrorism conference in Mogadishu, bringing…
Ethiopian Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed is reportedly seeking constitutional changes that would transform the country’s…
Ethiopia has moved to amend key provisions of its Constitution, including the controversial article that…
Police in Somalia’s southwestern city of Baidoa have said families leaving the city amid growing…
Somalia's Puntland authorities are preparing a security operation along the region’s coastline, particularly in Eyl…
South West State President Adan Mohamed Nur Madobe has returned to Baidoa and begun meetings…